Who is eligible for services?
- The Cole County Health Department offers sexually transmitted infections assessment, treatment, education and prevention information to those clients presenting with concerns. The Cole County Health Department will also provide health education sessions related to sexually transmitted infections as requested to community organizations, businesses, schools, religious and governmental agencies serving the residents of Cole County.
- There are a variety of symptoms that may be present from a Sexually Transmitted Infections . These include, but are not limited to: discharge from the genitals, abdominal or groin pain, burning or painful urination, sores, bumps or blisters in the genital region. It is important to remember that many people with sexually transmitted infections may not have any symptoms at all.
- Sexually transmitted diseases can be damaging to your health. Some Sexually Transmitted Infections can put you at higher risk for infertility. Other sexually transmitted infections, such as Herpes can cause painful sores that often come back again and again. “The virus that causes genital warts (HPV) can lead to cervical cancer in women, penile cancer in men, but also anal and esophageal cancer in both men and women
- Abstinence, or not having sex (oral, vaginal, anal), is the only way to truly protect yourself and your partner from sexually transmitted infections. A “safer sex” is to use a barrier when having sex, such as a latex condom.
- Yes, the Cole County Health Department offers confidential HIV, and sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment by appointment on Wednesday afternoons from 1:30-4:15.
- An office visit charge of $10.00 (based on sliding scale fee) will be payable at the time of your visit. ** Additional charges may apply for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and Herpes testing.
- Current tax return or pay stub for last 2 weeks
- Photo ID (You may need to reschedule if you don’t bring ID)
- Cash or credit as accepted forms of payment
If you present to the clinic without above documentation you will be charged the full price for the office visit.
|DISCLAIMER The Cole County Health Department provides the content of this website for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice.
Page Last Updated: June 2011